Monday, 10 September 2007

Centro Oberhausen - Germany

I found my camera again :-D!!.. Silly me.. I misplaced it, but my handsome boyfriend found it fortunately. There were still pictures on it from a few weeks ago when we were in Centro Oberhausen (suppose to be the biggest mall in Europe).

We went to Karl Grill after a day shopping. I ordered the smalles plate. It's called "Gypsy meat ball" and it came with big fries. Just like I like them. People in Holland, Belgium, Germany eat their fries with mayonaise. Very yummy. Kelvin ordered "Schnitzel mit Kartoffeln". The famous German Schnitzel is a thin slice of meat coated in breadcrumbs and fried. Kartoffeln is potato in German. People in Germany and the Benelux like their potatoes, like the Asians like their rice. It is not uncommon for people to eat potatoes daily.


After our German meal we needed some dessert! I noticed the Mövenpick ice cream shop immediately. This ice cream brand with Swiss orgin is quite famous and unfortunately not available in the Netherlands. I normally have my ice scream in a paper cup instead of a cookie scone, but I saw that they make the scones fresh! We litteraly watched the lady make our scone! I have never seen that in ice cream shops. The papaya taste was excellent and the rasberry yoghurt ice creams was great. Not too sweet, not too sour, just perfect!

Forgot to pick up some bradwurste (German sausages). For the next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heb je al eens ijs gegeten van de Nederlandse kampioen?

Als je in Rotjeknor bent moet je zeker eens proberen....

Angie

CC said...

crystal che!! no new recipe ah?? :(

Chrystal said...

Moon.. you give me recipe to try ah? :-D