- Ricesheets - 12
- Glassnoodle/ Vermicelli - 150 grams
- Unshelled Prawns - 18
- Bean Sprouts (Taugé) - 150 grams
- Carrot (shredded) - 80 grams
- Cucumber - cut off to a lenght of 15 cm
- Mint, Cilantro (Coriander), Thai Basil (not in picture)
Before you start rolling up the spring rolls, there is some preparation work to it.
- Soak the vermicelli for 10 minutes in warm water and then cook it for 1 minute and drain for use.
- Clean the bean sprouts and remove the ends. I cooked the bean sprouts as I do not like to eat them raw, but I believe that the original Vietnamese recipe would use them raw.
- Cook the prawns untill pink. Cut them through the middle in lengthwise. So you will have 36 pieces of prawn.
- Clean and cut the carrots in matchstick size or buy them already prepared.
- Clean the cucumber and take out the seeds. Cut the cucumber in matchstick size.
- Mince the mint, cilantro/coriander. The basil does not need to be minced. Use the leaves only.
- Have a bowl of warm water ready, so you can soak the rice sheets in.
Fold the bottom of the rice sheet, then fold the sides carefully. Now roll it up thight.
Dip in some nuoc cham or peanut sauce (recipe coming up).
Tip: You can vary the filling. Use cooked pork instead of shrimp. Or crabsticks. Add Chinese mushrooms if you like or add slices of omelet.