I promised I would try to make it for her.. But I couldn't find a recipe that used sodawater for the cakes. The only recipes I found that used soda were in Malay language. So I made the recipe without the soda instead.
Ingredients (makes 8)
- Flour - 200 grams
- Sugar - 150 grams
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Warm Water - 200ml
- Coconut rasp - 100grams
- Strawberry flavour/colouring - 1 tsp (optional)
- You need sandtart cups, line them with papercups. Start to boil the water for the steampan.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a bowl. Add the water and the colouring and mix well.
- Fill the cups for 2/3 and steam over high heat for 15 min. The cakes are ready when they open up like flowers.
- Sprinkle some rasped coconut on top of the cakes.
You can eat them either warm or cooled!
Sylvia loved them and ate two in one go. She said it tasted just like her mom's. Isn't that the best reaction you can get?
Tip: I think that if you want to use sodawater, you should use 100ml boiled water and 110ml coloured soda.